Chicago on my own...
Monday, April 24, 2006
Chicago
Just a draft version...
I woke up at 9 am at "The Drake" and went to the Executive Club and a terrific free breakfast overlooking the lake. I used their free Internet access to send out some emails and check on business.
I then walked a 1/2 mile to the local Kinkos to send out the new souveniers to home. And to transfer to disc the photos on my camera's card which was completely filled. The clerk sent me to CVS, where I got a great deal on a CD transfer and a new Flash card.

I took the red line train to the famous Loop, where I transfered to the train to Oak Park.
Oak Park is a beautiful suburb filled wih Victorian homes on tree line streets and around 12 Frank Lloyd Wright homes including his own Studio.



I spent the whole day there taking a 1 mile self walking tour and a guided tour to his Home and Studio. I took a fast taxi to his Unity Temple just before it closed. After my visit, I dropped my Nikon camera on his tiles! The camera was no longer working and made a terrible sound

Unity Temple and its CeilingI stopped at a friendly camera shop but they could not help but I bought a disposible camera. Next I was off back to Chicago to visit Wrigley Field and few bars for entertainment including dinner.
More details and photos later....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home