Viva Las Vegas!


My best friend, Ronnie had plans with some friends to go to Las Vegas for a birthday celebration, room were to be comped by his friend. Well to make a long story short, Ronnie was a fifth wheel to two couples and his friend lied to him about the accomodations. Ronnie wound up in a sleazy fifty dollar room! He called me a few times during this ordeal then finally when he was in a room he called me. "Jay come and get me , 'I'll pay for gas, food and I will pay you too!" So being the good guy I am, I dressed in 10 minutes and hit the road at 1am Friday night. I arrived at his motel at 5am, We got 1 and half hours sleep on two wooden door mattresses! At 630am we headed out to breakfast sans shower and after cruising "The Strip" (lot of changes including the loss of the Stardust Hotel and it's famous sign).
STARDUST GOES BOOM!
http://www.vegastodayandtomorrow.com/stardust.htm
We found a Marie Callenders that opened at 8am.
After we drove to Caesar's Forum shops (photo) to a new incredible part of the mall with spiral escalators! There was a Houdini museum and a Sony store that we browsed, then we were off to the Bose Outlet store were the were NO DEALS. We drove the road again to Stateline for buffet lunch then drove Historic Route 66 to Ronnie's home. I saw his place for the first time in two years. Very nice. I departed on my own and stopped at Charlie Brown's Farms where I bought some Jordan Almonds and some small robot items for my collection. I got home at 7:30pm and not even tired! What a day!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home